Hope Lutheran Church in Virginia Beach is looking for a Sound Technician / Live Sound Engineer for our worship service
Goal: To produce the best possible atmosphere for worship
through sound reinforcement. In house and online
Must know pitch correction
You will be mixing for both live in-house and recorded online church services.
1. Set up stage for musicians (or with musicians depending on circumstances).
2. Perform proper line check.
3. Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
4. Check with worship leader and church business administrator for schedule and any schedule changes
1. Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
2. Responsible for following worship leader’s direction and musician’s direction during services. For example, boosting monitor levels.
3. Responsible for recording the service
4. Responsible for the following stage and schedule cues. 5. Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
Post-service 1. Return media to individuals? (Backing CD to soloist, DVD to visiting guest, etc.)
2. Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during service.
3. Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
4. Clear stage of equipment as needed.
Either has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment OR are willing to attend training and work alongside a mentor.
On-time and conscientious about their work
A heart for worshiping God.
Must know In-ear systems
Must know Online media productions software
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour